Mert's BLOG!

This is a very very legit BLOG!

By

Power & Leadership

Title

The past 3 weeks I have been working on my biography of Osama Bin Laden. I have done a lot of research on the Internet as well as used an actual biography that I got from the library to gather some information. This unit we have been learning about Power & Leadership, and I think it’s the most interesting unit we have done so far. This unit has showed me how people used their strengths in leadership to gain many followers and convince them to do something that they didn’t actually didn’t want to do. I think it’s really impressive on how you can ‘Manipulate’ people and make them do things. Many people use their strengths in leadership and speech to do good things but there are some exceptions like Hitler and Osama Bin Laden for example. That is why I have been concentrating on Osama bin Laden.osama-hitler-e1304436539240

Osama bin Laden was born in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1957 or 1958. Osama bin Laden’s source of money was from his father’s heritage. Bin Laden’s father was owner of the largest construction company Saudi Kingdom and when he past away he reportedly got over 250 Million $ which he then used for his terrorist activity’s. He started off his life as every other average person; he was well educated and therefore went to school in Jiddah. When Osama was 18 years old he decided to get married, his father unfortunately passed away and therefor he didn’t get his opinion. His young marriage had positive affects on bin laden because he learned to make decisions at a young age, He grew up as religiously committed boy and the early marriage was another factor of protecting him from corruption. Bin laden joined the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood but then criticized the Brotherhood, and accused it of betraying jihad and the ideals of Qutb. With the age of 22 he joined up with the Afghan Muja dine to fight the soviet invasion of Afghanistan. He did not begin life with a worldview; Osama grew up during a period of rapid and traumatic transition in Saudi Arabia, which may have affected his ways of thinking and his worldview. The suffering of palatines, the loss of Dane of Omar, and Israel’s very existence definitely later shaped his view. You could say that Osama’s actions were lead by revenge and hatred against the U.S.

He blamed the U.S for creating this “Zionist crusader” outpost in the Middle East. “They have mobilized their people against Islam”. Many events in 1979 fuelled him more toward the path of jihad and at this time Osama was somewhat lost. Osama’s family also influenced his outlook. The writings of the Qutb and radical Islam completed his worldview and made sure that Osama was finally aware of what he wanted to do. Quote from Jamal Khashoggi” He adhered to a very strict interpretation of Islam. He did not smoke, refused to shake hand with woman, and watched only the news on television. No pictures adorned the all of his home as he considered art un-Islamic. Although he belonged to a wealthy family he insisted on living a simple life, eschewing all extravagance.” The thing I don’t really understand is that Osama was a very religious person based on Jamal, How can someone like him end up doing so many horrible things? Osama’s beliefs have been dubbed “Jihadist Salafism” The afghan war against the soviets was another milestone that took him towards terrorism. At 21 years, he fell under the influence of Abdul Azzam, a Palestinian, radical Islamist. Azzam proclaimed obligatory for all Muslims Azzams preaching affected Bin Lade, how he wanted to fight in the Afghan war.